The Green @ UTEC

UTEC has always believed in creating inspiring, comfortable spaces for our young adults and the community, and now we are expanding that to a new outdoor area! The Green @ UTEC is a new outdoor event space to host a variety of programs open to the public. The new outdoor space will support jobs for our young adults through our food services and events management work and serve as an outdoor play area for our 2Gen Early Childhood Education Center.

The 7,500 square feet park space with new sidewalks along Hurd Street and Warren Street is expected to be completed Fall 2021.


The Green Team

Key Partner: City of Lowell

Funding: The Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development’s MassWorks Infrastructure Grant Program, in partnership with MassDevelopment

Landscape Architect: Lemon Brooke, schematic design services provided pro-bono

Project Manager: Affirmative Investments


A Space for Everyone

  • The front of the space is public space and will be used as a public park for the neighborhood, as well at function space for UTEC scheduled functions and events
  • The back of the Green space “astro turf and decking area” – is UTECs private space to be used for functions, events, and 2Gen outdoor play area.
  • Far end “concrete space and top of container” will be available for staff seating and meeting space 
  • UTEC will maintain and upkeep all areas, public and private

Coming this Spring

  • 90% of the project will be completed by Nov 24th, with the remaining 10% to be completed in the Spring.
  • Spring plantings will be added
  • Additional furnishings for public and private areas will be purchased and added
  • Sandbox will be added for 2Gen outdoor sensory play
  • State-of the art Sound System will be added for public and private event usage

Give to Complete the Green!

We are still fundraising the final $100,000 needed to complete the project.

Give Now to help us create an inspiring, comfortable outdoor space for our young adults, the community, and 2Gen children.

Featured in The Lowell Sun:

“Part of our work is to really make sure we have job opportunities for young adults and we are always looking at ways to do community building. This project fits nicely in both of those areas.”